Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Safari So Good

Wow!!! I had an amazing time this weekend. We left saturday morning on two crappy little busses and headed out for Mikumi National Park. First we stopped at our motel to dropp our stuff off. Its fun to see how our minds have already adapted. Now luxury means sit down toilet, shower, and eletricity. Also, it was right next door to a snake/croc museum. When we got to Mikumi a tour guide got on our bus and we headed into the park. You could see gazelle's and impalla's before you even entered. We drove around and soon saw some tembo's (elephants). its incredible how close you can get. I have amzing pictures of them and of twiga's ( giraffes). Altogther we saw zebras, water buffalo, wildabeasts running wild, wart hogs, and baboons and thier red butts. The first night at sunset we got out of the car at a watering hole and was 3 feet from the water filled with hippo's. And on one side you could see some huge croc's just hanging out. This makes me laugh because hippo's kill more people in Africa than any other animal. It was one amazing sight when youre standing next to watering hole filled with danger, and you could see twiga's far off in the distane under a setting sun. Priceless man!
That night we went back to the luxurious motel for one heck of a party. And it was a much needed party. We had no worries and lots of toilet paper! the girls wore their kangas as toga's which is entirely culturaly inapropriate and we danced the night away under palm trees and stars. (Alot of other real crazy/funny things happened but i cant post that stuff)

The next morning we tried to leave the motel at 630am but there is no such thing as time in Africa and we were served bfast at 715. We wanted to leave that early so we can catch the simba's (lions) on the hunt for their morning meal. The second time out of the bus was at the simba watering hole but we saw no simba. I did find a huge skull tho.

On the way back into the park I saw a bunch of people just inside the gate. Greating people here is VERY important so I stuck my head out the window to do some Shikamoo's and Habari's. You're all gonne like this one......I wanted to say "Nimefurahi kuwa hapa" = im happy to be here. Instead I said "Nimefurahi kunya hapa" = Im happy to shit here. YUP thats what I said and they were pretty shocked.

Yup- Safari So Good


This is a shoot out to Carol Glantz...what up girl. come visit us in Africa baby!

2 comments:

Paps said...

Thanks so much for my shout out. Made my day. I love reading everyones blogs in your group. I get to hear about different things from each of you. Perhaps you can kick Kate to get her to put an update on her blog. We are all so proud of all that you are doing..Can't wait to be there,see the world as you all do. Hugs to each other. Carol Glantz

auntiesue said...

Korie

We think of you all the time and miss you. I have my kids at work following your 'adventures'. Keep it real and try to keep it PG-13!!
(keep the other stuff for the front porch in Rhode Island)
Peace, Love, latex gloves!!!!

Auntiesue