Sunday, August 24, 2008

Where do I even begin...

So a week ago I moved out of my homestay house and moved to a training center for a few days. I will truely miss my mama and her family. Staying with them was an experience like no other. Weds was my swearing in day and everyones families made them their own Tanzanian outfit. So pretty much we all looked rediculously awesome. Pictures will be coming soon... I promise. So I am now settled into my new home at the bottom of Mnt. Hanang. I have the most amazing view from my little courtyard. my house is small but manages to squeeze 3 little rooms in it. It is also on a primary schools property so there are always cute little kids running around. It is very cute. For luxuries...the vol. before me installed electricity. But I am going to try to use candles and my lantern as much as possible too. I have a water pump in my courtyard but I still need to figure out the schedule of when its turned on. And here is the kicker....there is a small store here that sells CHEESE & HOT DOGS! No lie. It will be very expensive on my budget but I think I can afford a hotdog maybe once a month, we'll see.

So for the next few months I will be introducing myself to the village. This means I will be sitting with Mamas as they cook, talking with teachers, visiting the local health dispensary, talking with the local govn, talking with elders and children. Pretty much do everything i can to learn about my new home and at the same time build relationships. I am now a village person, ya know. For starters, I beleive there is a teacher that is very interested in starting a soccer league so I will deff. be on top of that....talk to you soon and please just buy a phone card people, i cant afford to call you.....asante

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so this is my first time i went on because i forgot you had a blog - im not sure you remember what i look like but my hair is on the lighter side...

i have just been waiting for emails.. like a dope.. but i think thats why you like me........

so i heard you called the other day and it makes me sad i didnt talk to you... well i have recently lost my debit card at a gas station so i'm waiting for it to come to me.. probably sometime this week.. and when i get it i will buy a card... i thought you had been calling from a payphone and didnt even think that you had a cell phone.


so i LOVE you and MISS you a WHOLE WHOLE WHOLE lot... and will call you the end of this week or beginning of next week.. when ever i get my debit card and the phone one comes to me after ordering



LOVE YOU!

-Leonard




ps: i'm not preggers. i wasnt sure if we cleared the air on that one.


pps: my word verication word is JEWBE - it made me smile :)

Unknown said...

umm one more update..


soo about 5 miles of my commute to work each morning on route 9 is now under construction to be re-paved. because of this, there are an abundance of exposed sewer caps.

enough said.


love you and thinking of you every sewer cap i miss by inches.

at 50mph.

Unknown said...

korieeeeee

i cant figure out your numberrrrr! help meeeeee i really reallly REALLY need to talk to youuuuu!!!


LOVVEE YOUUUUU

-leonard